Castlewood Preschool Program
- Hours are 8:10 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
- Days are Monday-Friday
- Held in the elementary school.
- All teachers are hired by the school district.
- Students must be 4 years old by September 1.
- Cost set annually by the Board of Education.
- Students are eligible for morning breakfast services.
- Students can ride the bus to school but need to be picked up at 11:00 a.m.
Call at (605) 793-2351 for more information.
The Castlewood School offers a solid educational program that meets the needs of the students. With our proximity to Watertown we can provide a good vocational offering as we are a member of the Northeast Technical High School. Our special needs students are provided services by the Northeast Educational Services Cooperative.
A good offering of co-curricular activities are provided, giving students the opportunity to be involved in various activities and providing them with a well-rounded education.
During the 1990-91 school year a new junior-senior high school addition was built. This project also included the addition of four elementary classrooms, a new K -12 library, office area, locker rooms, and a new kitchen lunchroom area.
During the 1995-96 school year a new gym and lobby area were added. In 2001, a new wing was built and provides additional classrooms and maintenance area.
Always feel free to visit our school. We are proud of it and welcome the opportunity to show our programs and tour our building.
310 E Harry Street
Castlewood, SD 57223