Castlewood’s nine-hole golf course offers irrigated grass greens, a fully run new clubhouse, driving range and property for homes overlooking the 79 acre facility.
The golf course is located on the southeast corner of town.
Click here for a schedule of events at the golf course.
Softball / Baseball Complex
The fields host Little League, adult baseball and softball and football events.
Click below for schedules of upcoming baseball and softball games.
A city park is located on the west end of town, featuring a football and baseball field, two new playground complexes, horse shoe pits and an enclosed picnic area.
Reserve your camp site at the Castlewood City Park. The City of Castlewood offers six electrical campsites on the south side of Memorial Park, featuring fire pits, dump station, disc golf course and picnic tables. Cost is $25/night and reservations can be made by calling (605) 793-2220.
- Castlewood Ravens and Castlewood Monarchs amateur baseball teams
- American Legion Post 250 baseball team
- Baseball and softball leagues
- Lake Poinsett Recreation Area
- Second largest natural lake in South Dakota
- Located nine miles south of Castlewood
- State park, camping facilities, boat docks, restaurants
- Fishing and Hunting
- Connected to 200-mile snowmobile trail
Picturesque sunsets are only one of the many benefits from being on the lake!
Facts about Lake Poinsett:
- Second largest natural lake in South Dakota.
- Covers 7,886 acres.
- Only 9 short miles from Castlewood