A housing grant of $5,000 is available for individuals building a residential building (house, apartment, etc.) with a permanent foundation. The grant will be awarded upon completion of the structure, which includes hook-up to city utilities. This grant application requires approval by the City Council. Click here for a PDF version of the grant application, or here for a Microsoft Word version.
The South Dakota Housing Development Authority
South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) was created by the South Dakota Legislature in 1973 with a stated mission to provide decent, safe, and affordable housing to low and moderate income South Dakotans. SDHDA is a self-supporting, nonprofit entity that uses no State tax dollars to fund its operating budget. SDHDA utilizes housing bonds, tax credits, and other federal and state resources to fund housing programs which provide mortgage and down payment assistance, housing construction and rehabilitation, homelessness prevention, and rental assistance.
GROW South Dakota Housing Programs
GROW South Dakota is a statewide non-profit organization that provides programs and loan products to advance housing, community, and economic development.
• Laue Properties, Castlewood. Call Lowell or Wanda at 605-793-2606.
• McElhaney Properties, Castlewood. Call Joan at 605-880-6812.
Lots For Sale:
- 702 1st Ave N, Castlewood (this is the foundation, landscaping completed, water/sewer completed) – no structure
Please call to inquire for pricing!
• The following lots are currently for sale in Castlewood. Contact Jerry Gerberding at 605-793-2452 for more information:
Lot 7, County View Subdivision:
Lots are 100 ft North to South x 300ft East to West
• Seven lots for sale in Castlewood. Contact Lonny Junker at 605-881-5826.
Stipulations for purchase:
- Must purchase at least 2 of the lots at a time
- Home must be a minimum of 1500 sq. ft with a two-stall garage
• Land for Sale: Building site. 11 miles south & 1.5 west of Watertown, SD or 5 miles west of Castlewood. Contact Rod Kemink at 605-880-2112
- 9 acres more or less
- Very well-located site
- Good trees for wind protection
- If looking to build give us a call